>>> Our Mission
>>> Recent News
- SCGC Members take part in the “From Canada to LA: SOCAN All Star Composers” Panel
- Adrian Ellis and Janal Bechthold at T.O. Webfest!
- SOCAN and SODRAC Seeking Integrated Management of Music Rights in Canada
- SCGC President John Welsman, Chair Marvin Dolgay and Vice President Adrian Ellis recently attended a 2 day strategy planning session for Music Creators (MCNA)
- 5 More Years! Slaight Family Renews their Commitment to the CFC
>>> Upcoming Events
>>> Composer News
- Congratulations to SCGC member Casey Manierka-Quaile who’s film 3-Way, Not Calling is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival & Palm Springs ShortFest
- Congratulations to SCGC member Erica Procunier who’s film DAM The Story of Kit the Beaver is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival & Palm Springs ShortFest
- The SOCAN Music Awards – congratulations to our SCGC members who took home awards!
- Congratulations to SCGC Winners of Leo Awards!
- Matthew Van Driel – 2017 Recipient of the Chris Dedrick Music Fund Award!
>>> Seminars DVD
The SCGC has produced these unique educational DVD resources which explore exciting facets of our workshops and seminars across Canada with leading composers for film, television and new media, together with in-depth interviews on the hows and whys of the music business of interest to all composers.
Topics covered include copyright creation, library music, midi orchestration, exotic instrument demonstrations, music supervision and much more!
These products are available FREE to current SCGC members and for $20CAD (no tax) to non-members.
Industry Seminars, Workshops, Instrument Demonstrations and More (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2006)
The Hows and Whys of the Business for Music Soundtracks in Film, Television and New Media (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2003)