>>> Our Mission
>>> Recent News
- The Music Modernization Act: A Guide for Creators
- Congratulations to each of the SOCAN Foundation – Fondation SOCAN’s Young AV Composer Award Recipients
- The Annual SOCAN Foundation Awards for Young Audio-visual Composers
- SCGC Members take part in the “From Canada to LA: SOCAN All Star Composers” Panel
- Adrian Ellis and Janal Bechthold at T.O. Webfest!
>>> Upcoming Events
>>> Composer News
- 2018 Canadian Screen Award Nominees Announced!
- Congratulations to SCGC member Casey Manierka-Quaile who’s film 3-Way, Not Calling is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival & Palm Springs ShortFest
- Congratulations to SCGC member Erica Procunier who’s film DAM The Story of Kit the Beaver is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival & Palm Springs ShortFest
- The SOCAN Music Awards – congratulations to our SCGC members who took home awards!
- Congratulations to SCGC Winners of Leo Awards!
>>> Seminars DVD
The SCGC has produced these unique educational DVD resources which explore exciting facets of our workshops and seminars across Canada with leading composers for film, television and new media, together with in-depth interviews on the hows and whys of the music business of interest to all composers.
Topics covered include copyright creation, library music, midi orchestration, exotic instrument demonstrations, music supervision and much more!
These products are available FREE to current SCGC members and for $20CAD (no tax) to non-members.
Industry Seminars, Workshops, Instrument Demonstrations and More (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2006)
The Hows and Whys of the Business for Music Soundtracks in Film, Television and New Media (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2003)