>>> Our Mission
>>> Recent News
- SOCAN and SODRAC Seeking Integrated Management of Music Rights in Canada
- SCGC President John Welsman, Chair Marvin Dolgay and Vice President Adrian Ellis recently attended a 2 day strategy planning session for Music Creators (MCNA)
- 5 More Years! Slaight Family Renews their Commitment to the CFC
- Women In Music Canada’s Production and Engineering 101 Workshop
- Records Crushed again by SOCAN
>>> Composer News
- 2017 Rosie Award Winners!
- SCGC member Robert Duncan scored the feature film “Spark: A Space Tail” in theaters now!
- Congratulations to SCGC Members Neil Parfitt and Carl Lenox!
- SCGC Member Adrian Ellis scored the film Orange Lipstick that has just received the Excellence Award from the Global Shorts Film Festival – congratulations!
- Tonight! SCGC Member Steph Copeland with Lora Bidner perform at The Burdock Music Hall
>>> Seminars DVD
The SCGC has produced these unique educational DVD resources which explore exciting facets of our workshops and seminars across Canada with leading composers for film, television and new media, together with in-depth interviews on the hows and whys of the music business of interest to all composers.
Topics covered include copyright creation, library music, midi orchestration, exotic instrument demonstrations, music supervision and much more!
These products are available FREE to current SCGC members and for $20CAD (no tax) to non-members.
Industry Seminars, Workshops, Instrument Demonstrations and More (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2006)
The Hows and Whys of the Business for Music Soundtracks in Film, Television and New Media (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2003)