>>> Our Mission
>>> Recent News
- The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television has announced the nominees for the 2017 Canadian Screen Awards
- Members of the SCGC join the wider composer community in calling out the Canadian government on a music competition to commemorate Canada’s 150th
- SCGC’s Orchestral Reading Session’s recent Master Class event!
>>> Composer News
- SCGC member Maxime Goulet will have a new commission “United Anthems” performed by the Orchestre de chambre McGill – McGill Chamber Orchestra and the Toronto Symphony Orchestra
- Congratulations to Erica Procunier who’s score to “DAM! The Story of Kit the Beaver” has it’s world premiere!
- On HISTORY the new show “Ultimate Auctions” premieres that features theme music by SCGC members Derek Treffry and Greg Fisher of FISH-FRY MUSIC AND SOUND.
- Congratulations to SCGC member Trevor Morris on his new series Emerald City
- SCGC Member Erica Procunier film “Mariner” screening at the TIFF Canada’s Top Ten Film Festival!
- SCGC Composer Rob Teehan scored the short film “Frame 394” – selected to screen in the TIFF Canada’s Top Ten Film Festival!
>>> Seminars DVD
The SCGC has produced these unique educational DVD resources which explore exciting facets of our workshops and seminars across Canada with leading composers for film, television and new media, together with in-depth interviews on the hows and whys of the music business of interest to all composers.
Topics covered include copyright creation, library music, midi orchestration, exotic instrument demonstrations, music supervision and much more!
These products are available FREE to current SCGC members and for $20CAD (no tax) to non-members.
Industry Seminars, Workshops, Instrument Demonstrations and More (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2006)
The Hows and Whys of the Business for Music Soundtracks in Film, Television and New Media (NTSC / DVD / Colour / Chaptered / ©SCGC 2003)